Some users asked me if they could donate money for EagleData.
While EagleData is still free I have no problem in accepting donations to pay for my webspace and programming efforts.
If you want to donate something, please feel free to do so.
Download EagleData 0.64
Download EagleData 0.26 for OS X (.zip-file)
Download EagleData 0.26 for OS X (.sit-file You need StuffitExpander to unstuff this.)
Download EagleData 0.26 for OS 9
What is EagleData?
What are the system requirements?
Does it cost anything?
Is there a german/french/spanish/whatever version?
Can I view my data on my iPad/iPod?
Is this all the program can do? I am missing ...
Can EagleData store pictures?
Is there no manual?
My question is not answered here. Where can I get help?
Why didn´t you answer my mail?
Were did you get that nice icon?
EagleData is a simple but flexible database that I wrote in the last millennium for the good old ATARI.
It is useful to file your addresses, catalogue your cd-, games-, or video-collection, etc..
It can even export your data as html-table and print labels.
Ever since I had a Mac I wanted to convert it, but missed the right tool to do so.
I made several attempts but to program a user Interface with Codewarrior was just too much work for me.
Then REALbasic came along and here it is: EagleData for the Mac.
Please download it and tell me what you think about it.
- Easy to use
- Import of tabtext
- Export as tabtext or html-table
- Multiple layouts
- Label printing
- Popup fields, checkbox fields
- Long textfields
- Special functions (set value for multiple records, insert serialnumber)
Any Mac that can handle OS X should be able to run EagleData.
(I no longer support the OS 9 or pre-Intel versions but you can still download them)
EagleData is "mailware". You can use it as you like and have to pay nothing for it. If you want to contribute a bit to the cost for hosting and programming a small donation is always welcome (see top of page).
And I am always interested in what EagleData is used for, so if you can spare a minute please write me a short mail and tell me what you do with it.
No. I am writing in english because the majority of users is understanding enough english to use EagleData and since this project is only a hobby I do not have the time to translate it into different languages.
If you find spelling mistakes please let me know so I can correct them.
Yes you can. While EagleData runs on Mac OS only, Markus Sigg was so kind to write a free viewer app for iOS.
You can read about it on his website http://polaron.de/EagleView/index.html or just download the app in the AppStore (it is listed as "EagleData Viewer").
If you have suggestions for useful features, please feel free to tell me.
No. EaglaData is a "text-only" database. Maybe in the distant future I can find some time to implement picture storage.
It can store links to files though. Just drag a picture/pdf/whatever-file into a textfield and EagleData will store the path to that file. To open the file, click on the fieldtitle.
Caution: this will only work as long as the files stay in the same location and the links will no longer work, if you move those files.
- Not exactly a bug but: If EagleData is running very slow please check if you have a field with a lot of different values defined as Popup Menu. If so: uncheck that option and EagleData should run faster.
If you find something else please let me know.
I hope the program is easy enough to understand without a manual. Just try it out. However here is a short reference
Just write a mail to email@example.com and I try to answer your questions.
I answer all the mail that I get. If you do not get an answer, please check your spam-filter and be sure that you let mail from the domain "eaglesoft.de" pass through. If you still get no answer because either your or my mail got lost somewhere, please mail again and make sure that the subject contains the word "EagleData".
Right here: www.thinkmac.co.uk
- Internal changes because of Xojo changing handling of graphics.
- Support for hi-resolution displays
- You can store links to websites/files/mail-addresses in a textfield and click on the fieldname in the input-layout to open the link
- Fixed a minor issue (line break) when exporting data as html-table
- Fixed a bug where not all records were loaded in big databases (several thousand records)
- improved loading time of databases
- changed soundfile
- Fixed bug in automatic date completion (year was always 2013)
- Fixed: error-message when dropping a field into the layout-area
- Fixed: objects in the layout-editor could not be deleted
- Fixed: crashes when loading the layout-editor
- New icon
- Selecting records with arrow-keys now works
- Fixed a bug where some fields where disabled in the input window
- Added keyboard shortcot 'cmd-return' for the "do it" button
- Automatic date-completion now works again
- Sortorder (ascending/descending) is now remembered until restart
- Databases are now always saved with the extension ".ed" so that they can be opened from the "file->open" menu
- Compiled with Xojo for Cocoa
- Undo now works
- Vastly improved loading time of databases
- HTML export now includes headers so that the export is a complete webpage
- When doubleclicking on a field in Listview, that field is now selected in the entry window
- When entering dates without year, the year is now filled in automatically
- Added "Reset windows" to the Database Menu (moves all windows to the main screen)
- Fixed: When importing data, the field delimiter was ignored and Tab was used instead
- Internal changes for new version of RealStudio
- Fixed: Crash when switching from Settings to Layoutview in a newly created database
- Printing from Listview now prints with the same column widths as they are on screen
- Fixed: Crash when trying to print before a standard layout was created
- Fixed: Crash when Quitting EagleData, cancelling save dialog and then switching to settings tab
- Fixed: Edit Menü was sometimes not working in Listview
- Fixed: Sorting by date did not work correct with invalid dates
- Fixed a redraw-bug in layoutview
- Fixed a typo in the export-window
- HTML-export now creates a table with border
- When converting data you can now choose between UTF8 and MacRoman
- Added "-" button to Listview
- Tab in input-dialog now tabs through all the fields without tabbing through buttons
- Fixed an endless loop that occured on some computers when switching to Layoutview
- Fixed a crashing bug that occured in Layoutview when printing labels directly after editing records
- Fixed a crashing bug that occured when duplicating a record from a selection
- Fixed: when changing data in a textwindow and closing the database afterwards, there was no "Save changes?" dialog
- Added back and forward buttons to input layout
- Fixed a bug in popup-fields
- Fixed a bug where a custom layout could get overwritten when switching between settings and layoutview
- Fixed a warning dialog
- Fixed: Date-fields are not sorted correctly
12.04.2008, V0.3 Alpha
- New user interface
- Universal binary
- Fieldorder can now be changed
- Datafileformat is now UTF8
- New export option: export with fieldnames
- Date fields now use the system date format
- Sorting now in ascending or descending order
- "Export selection only" now works as it should
- Fixed a minor bug where a warning was unneccessarily shown
- Internal changes for new version of REALbasic (5.5)
- Fixed: EagleData crashed when "cancel" was pressed while loading data or when file->open was cancelled.
- Fixed: Some system menus were accidentaly in german due to a wrong compiler setting
7.12.2002, V0.24 (Carbon Version)
- There are no changes in this version other than that it is now compiled for OS X
- Fixed a bug where a date was placed into another record when the new record was clicked while the cursor was in a field of type date
- Added small buttons to indicate (and open), fields with more than 1 line of data
- Warning if you try to open a database twice
- Popups are now in alphabetical order
- You can now search records that match all of the search criteria ("and-search")
- New program- and file- icons
- When a textwindow was open EagleData would crash on quit (fixed)
- Fixed a bug that would overwrite an imported file
- Up/downscrolling now a whole page instead of 10 lines
- New Export menu item
- You can browse the records using the up and down arrow keys
- When creating a new record the first editfield gets the focus
- Fixed a bug that occured, when deleting a record in a selection
- Layoutwindow is now sizeable
- 68k version
- Lines are now seperated by <br> when exporting multiline fields as html.
- Internal changes for new version 2.1.2 of REALbasic (different behaviour of instr)
- Fixed a bug that occured, when selecting undo while editing a new record.
- Fixed low memory bug
- Added Made with REALbasic logo
- Support for dialing on a tiptel 193 phone (should work with any phone connected to a serial port)
- Added preferences file
- You can duplicate layouts when creating a new one
- Added document icon
- Checking for low memory
- Added a workaround for a drag & drop error in RB.
- Added "open URL" button
- Set value can append to existing data
- Greatly improved layout window (drag & drop)
- New file format (remembering window settings)
- Working with selections
- Support for number, date and boolean fields
- 3 level sorting
- Added "set value" funktion
- Enabled Undo
- Made it "Mailware"
- Added text editing window
- New file-format
- Enabled copy & paste
- Fixed display bug when editing records
- Input area grows with window
- Popup fields
- No more flickering when editing text
- Added text and graphics to layouts
- Added header- detail- and footer-area to layouts
- New file-format
- Application icon
- Added sound to about-window
- Flicker free scrolling
- Label printing
- Added html-export
- Load procedures can now be cancelled
- Main window can be split flexibly
- Layouter cancel button works now
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when deleting fields
- Made backgroung a lighter shade of grey
- Save as HTML-table
- Improved Layouts
- Fixed a bug in import
- Fixed a bug in search
- Added flexible fieldwidths
Back to the top